What is Finland Forward?
The purpose of the Finland Forward project coordinated by the Prime Minister’s Office is to support the ability of people and society to cope with crises and to strengthen psychological resilience through communication. Our goal is to offer emotional support, strengthen people’s confidence in their ability to manage their lives, help build trust among communities and create a channel for assistance and support.
The Finland Forward communications campaign was launched in spring 2020 and will continue until the end of 2022. The project and actions will proceed based on the progress of the crisis and are being developed continuously. Our activities are based on research knowledge and data and continuous monitoring of the situation. We collaborate across administrative boundaries and support national and regional cooperation aiming to tackle the COVID-19 crisis.
The Strategic Communications Team at the Prime Minister’s Office is responsible for the Finland Forward communications package. You can find their contact information at the end of this page.
Finland Forward – come join us!
The COVID-19 pandemic, which began almost a year ago, has had a significant impact on our everyday lives. We have had to change how we live and adapt to the situation. But we have faith that life will go on and that we can get through this together.
Anything you can do to support us all and help us carry on is important. It doesn’t matter if your contribution is big or small. Finland’s 100-year history is a success story, and the value we place on looking after everyone has always been one of our biggest strengths. Let’s do the same thing now.
The Finland Forward communications package consists of independent actions, campaigns and projects produced by various operators, such as public authorities, businesses and organisations.
Become a Finland Forward communicator if you want to:
- support psychological resilience to crisis during and after the emergency situation
- build trust and strengthen people’s sense of belonging and belief in the future
- provide reliable information and tools for dealing with the emotions and uncertainty caused by the crisis
- demonstrate the importance and value of joint action and assistance.
Here’s how it works
Use the hashtags #FinlandForward #together (#SuomiToimii #yhdessä, #FinlandFixarDet #TillSammans) on social media.
Many organisations and other players in society are involved in the project at the national level, but there’s always room for more!
Contact details of the Strategic Communications Team at the Prime Minister’s Office
- Päivi Tampere, Head of Communications, tel. 0295160911
- Johanna Kaprio-Papageorgiou, Communications Specialist, tel. 0295160140
- Alma Snellman, Communications Specialist, tel. 0295160127
- Jenny Thuneberg, Communications Specialist, tel. 0295160140
- Tiina Varhee, Communications Specialist, tel. 0295160710
Email addresses are in the format [email protected]
Share and follow on social media