MEAE Group prepares for the effects of the coronavirus
The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, together with other organisations in the MEAE Group, monitors the effects of the coronavirus on business activities, employment and security of supply, and takes the necessary measures to alleviate the negative impacts.
- Questions and answers: Coronavirus and business financing
- Questions and answers: Impact of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak on consumers
- Questions and answers: Corona and worker mobility
- Questions and answers: Corona and working life
- Questions and answers regarding the coronavirus and closing restaurants
- Questions and answers: Coronavirus and obligation to work in the healthcare sector
- Questions and answers on entrepreneurs’ right to social security
- Questions and answers on support available to sole entrepreneurs
- Questions and answers on security of supply
Information for businesses, consumers and jobseekers
Services to companies, job seekers and consumers are organised in a way that prevents the spread of the coronavirus, for example by telephone and over remote connections.
The entire MEAE Group maintains situation awareness and monitors the impact of the epidemic on its own sector, customers and on employees. Each agency communicates and distributes information through their own channels.
Enterprise Finland Talousapu counselling service offers help and advice to entrepreneurs with financial and solvency problems. Tel.+358 295024882. Service hours in English: Tuesday 9.00–16.00, Friday 9.00–16.00
If you cannot find an answer to your question via the links on this page, please send your question to
- Business Finland collects information on the impact of the epidemic on the business activities of its customer companies and distributes information on its coronavirus website.
- Finnvera helps enterprises in the exceptional situation caused by the coronavirus
- ELY Centres' funding for companies in the exceptional circumstances caused by the coronavirus
- Information for jobseekers (TE-services)
- The Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority monitors the impact of the coronavirus on consumers and publishes information on the consumer protection on its website.
- From the perspective of the safety of products and industrial activities, the Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency Tukes is involved in the following areas: industrial plants causing major accident hazards; biocides, especially hand sanitisers; personal protective equipment; consumer services, such as gyms, swimming pools, indoor playgrounds, public events, etc.
- Finnish Patent and Registration Office: Effects of the coronavirus on our office and customers
- The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment and the National Emergency Supply Agency will also monitor the development of the coronavirus situation from the security of supply perspective.
- GTK: Information for customers and stakeholders.
- Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare: Coronavirus COVID-19 – Latest Updates
- Finnish Government: Information and advice on coronavirus
The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment takes part in the Government coordination group, which consists of the permanent secretaries and Heads of Preparedness of the Prime Minister's Office, the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment and three other ministries.
The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment has intensified its actions to monitor the effects of the coronavirus. Cooperation with other authorities has been intensified and the Ministry is prepared to take action quickly as and when required.
Kari Klemm, Head of Preparedness, tel. +358 50 336 0173, kari.klemm(at)tem.fi
MEAE Communications Unit, tel. +358 29 504 7245, info(at)tem.fi