Annex 8. Ideas of the working group on transport to develop land use, housing and transport
- Land use, housing and transport: Joint measures will be taken to reduce transport performances and to prioritise low-emission public transport services and promotion of walking and cycling in the state-level and urban region planning, implementation and financing of land-use, housing and transport. Projects will be promoted that take cycle paths into account.
- The agreements on land use, housing and transport will promote a traffic safety zero scenario (zero traffic fatalities by 2050).
- The objective in the land use, housing and transport regions is to fully integrate various modes of transport by opening data and interfaces. Land use, housing and transport agreement procedures will be developed and expanded to cover the provision of broader and more diverse services, economic and industrial policy, and mid-sized urban regions.
- Steps will be taken to utilise land-use, housing and transport agreements in urban regions to achieve zero emissions in transport services and maritime logistics, and in the multimodal transport chains and small-scale logistics included in it.
- Opportunities will be explored for EU funding primarily in joint projects of cities that participate in the European core network, are functionally connected to it and are located in its immediate vicinity.
- The tramway projects of major cities will be supported in the land use, housing and transport process.
- To promote the charging infrastructure, a national obligation will be set in accordance with the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive to build a charging infrastructure for electric cars whenever a large-scale renovation is being carried out in a housing company or on business premises. The Limited Liability Housing Companies Act needs to be amended to permit modifications in electrical systems, without unanimous approval by shareholders, to enable electric vehicle charging.