New Board of Directors to Natural Resources Institute Finland
On 26 November 2020, the Government appointed a new Board of Directors to the Natural Resources Institute Finland for the term 1 January 2021–31 December 2023. The Board of Directors is chaired by Tuomas Salusjärvi, Executive Vice President at Valio, and the vice chair is Saara Kankaanrinta, Chair of the Board of the BSAG Foundation.
The task of the Board of Directors is to support the management of the Natural Resources Institute Finland, present initiatives for the strategic guidance of the operations and promote cooperation with stakeholders. The Board of Directors decides on the budget proposal of the Natural Resources Institute Finland, approval of the financial statement and deputies for the President and CEO.
The composition of the Board of Directors:
- Chair: Tuomas Salusjärvi, Executive Vice President, Valio
- Vice chair: Saara Kankaanrinta, Chair of the Board of the BSAG Foundation
- Timo Karjalainen, Managing Director, Laitakarin Kala
- Kristiina Kruus, Dean, School of Chemical Engineering of the Aalto University
- Jorma Länsitalo, Head of Forest Assets, Stora Enso
- Heli Siitari, Entrepreneur, Villilä Luonto
The Board of Directors has one member elected from among the staff. The election of the staff representative is currently under way at the Natural Resources Institute Finland.
Inquiries at the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
Pentti Lähteenoja, Director General, tel. +358 295 162 485, [email protected]