Prime Minister’s Office appoints Operations Centre to support management of COVID-19 situation
On 1 April, the Prime Minister’s Office established an Operations Centre to help manage the coronavirus situation.
Its task is to improve situational awareness and monitor the impact of government policies and decisions on the coronavirus outbreak. A network of contact persons from different ministries will be set up to support the Operations Centre.
Head of Unit Heikki Hovi from the Prime Minister’s Office is responsible for the activities of the Operations Centre and reports directly to the Under-Secretary of State of the Prime Minister’s Office and the State Secretary to the Prime Minister. The activities of the Operations Centre will continue until further notice.
The core members of the Operations Centre are officials from the Prime Minister’s Office, who work together with contact persons appointed by the ministries. Additional officials will be appointed to the Operations Centre if necessary.
Members of the Operations Centre:
- Heikki Hovi, Head of Unit, Head of the Operations Centre
- Jouni Varanka, Ministerial Adviser, Strategy Department
- Jussi Toivanen, Chief Communications Specialist, Communications Department
- Elina Normo, Senior Ministerial Adviser, Session Unit
- Kari Laine, Senior Ministerial Adviser, Administration Department
- Jussi Hyysalo, Project Manager, Preparedness Unit
Members appointed by the ministries:
- Leena Ritola, Counsellor, Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- Kati Pärnänen, Chief Specialist, Head of Unit, Ministry of Justice
- Eero Kytömaa, Ministerial Adviser, Ministry of the Interior
- Tommi Lappalainen, Senior Staff Officer, Ministry of Defence
- Päivi Nerg, Permanent Under-Secretary, Ministry of Finance
- Heli Nederström, Senior Ministerial Adviser, Preparedness Secretary, Ministry of Education and Culture
- Kirsi Heinonen, Senior Ministerial Adviser, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
- Tommi Nieppola, Head of Preparedness, Ministry of Transport and Communications
- Outi Ryyppö, Director of Development, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
- Pasi Pohjola, Director General, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
- Ismo Tiainen, Director of Administration and International Affairs, Ministry of the Environment
Decision to appoint Covid-19 Operations Centre
Inquiries: Ahti Kurvinen, Director of Government Security, tel. +358 29 516 160100, Päivi Anttikoski, Director of Government Communications, tel. +358 40 536 4821, Prime Minister’s Office