Restrictions on movement to and from Uusimaa enter into force on 28 March 2020
On 27 March, the Government submitted to Parliament two decrees concerning the Uusimaa region on the entry into force and the application of the restrictions on movement laid down in the Emergency Powers Act. The restrictions concern movement to and from the Uusimaa region. The movement restrictions in the Uusimaa region will enter into force on 28 March and remain in force until 19 April 2020.
Once the restrictions enter into force, the residents of Uusimaa must stay in the Uusimaa region. Residents of other regions are not allowed to visit Uusimaa. Everyone does, however, have the right to return to their home or place of residence. Recreational travel is not allowed.
The flow of goods will not be prevented even during the new restrictions. Furthermore, the restrictions do not apply to movement within Uusimaa.
Restrictions on people’s movement do not apply if movement is necessary for
- official activities
- travel for work, whether as an employee or as an entrepreneur or self-employed person, for studies or in connection with a societal position of trust
- the performance of military service or any other statutory obligation, or
- the need for care, risk of death or death of a family member, the right of access to a child, or for any other similar compelling personal reason.
The police will monitor compliance with the movement restrictions. If requested by the police, people must provide an account of the reason of their journey.
Further information and instructions on the movement restrictions
- Frequently asked questions about the restrictions on movement - Ministry of the Interior
- Who is allowed to cross the border of the Uusimaa region? Frequently asked questions about the restrictions on movement - poliisi.fi
A national police advisory helpline service is available at 0295 419 800 (standard local network/mobile rate) on weekdays between 8.00 and 16.15 and exceptionally over the weekend on 28-29 March.
Inquiries: Timo Lankinen, Permanent State Under-Secretary, tel. +359 295 160 300, Prime Minister's Office, and Tero Kuremaa, Director-General, tel. +358 295 488 340, Ministry of the Interior
Information in Somali
Xadidaadda dhaqdhaqaaqa (bandow) ee lagu soo rogay gobolka Uusimaa - Dowladdu waxaa ay go’aan ku gaartay tallaabooyin dheeraad ah oo looga hortagaayo faafitaanka feyruska koroonaha.